Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Plugging Away

Yesterday, my friend Maria said, 'You have lost a lot of weight!'

The back story to this is last week I went into work while everyone else bar the office staff were on holidays, just to say hello and move furniture. Maria, our office mum,  who always makes nice comments about my clothes especially when I'm wearing flattering things said 'those pants are very slimming'. I laughed and said, 'No, I'm the one who's slimming.' I don't think she believed me.

What makes losing weight harder is all the negative comments people make about their own weight or their diet. Today someone bought in a caramel pie to share. I had a peice - no second thoughts - no regrets. That pie was made with love, and I loved eating it. But some people made comments like 'I'm on a diet' or they cut themselves the tineist peice. Why can't we enjoy things, knowing that it's in moderation?